- » Vango AirBeam
- » Family
- » Tent Additions
- » Trekking
- » Adventure
- » Activity
- » Duke of Edinburgh
- » Scouts
- » Tent Spares
- » F10 Tents
- » Awnings
- » Caravan Awnings
- » Sleeping Bags
- » Rucksacks
- » Furniture
- » Trangia
- » Footwear
- » Wayfayrer
- » Outdoor Essentials
We, AMG Group Ltd (owners of the Vango website on www.vango.co.uk) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, and any other documents referred to within it, sets out how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. In particular, this policy details our views and practices regarding your personal data
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is AMG Group Ltd.
The registration number of AMG Group Limited on the UK Data Protection Register is Z5273575.
Our policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our emails at any time. This can be done by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the received email. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email email@example.com, detailing the email address that the emails are being sent to, and we will be happy to assist you.
Types of Information
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our site www.vango.co.uk. This includes information provided to register, subscribing to our services, creating or updating your account or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Use of Information
www.vango.co.uk will require you to provide particular personal information such as credit/debit card details and your billing address for the purposes of completing your order. We will only use this information for the purposes of managing your order or your usage of the Website.
We collect personal information from you to inform you by e-mail of updates, product registration, website features, special offers, and to respond to any contact you may submit to us. This information is volunteered by you, for these purposes. We may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. Occasionally we may run a joint promotion with a third party, in these instances we will be clear about who you are giving your information to. If you do not want to provide this information to the third party, simply tick the relevant box on the form.
We use information we have about you to;
- notify you about changes to our service
- ensure that our site and its content is presented in the most efficient method for you and for your device
- provide information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- allow your participation in features of our service, when you choose to do so
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
Vango, AMG Group and any companies involved in delivering this website and e-commerce facility, will process and/or use your personal information in order to respond to your communication to us, regarding the perfomrance and operation of the website.
We will not share your information with any other company beyond this remit without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law, if you are a competition winner, or if you have made a request for information.
We will never sell your information to any other company.
Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, may be collected for system administration. This is statistical data about users browsing actions and does not identify any individual.
Session cookies are used to allow actions to be remembered within the website. Any page changes or item or data selection you do is recalled from page to page throughout your session. This means that you don’t get asked the same information that you’ve already given to the site. These cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your session.
Tracking cookies help us to remember your information and settings when you visit our website in the future. This results in a faster and more convenient access and may enhance your experience of services or functions we offer. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them or they expire (they have varying expiry dates, going up to two years).
We use website analytics cookies to allow us traffic on our website, to number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This feedback allows us to continually improve the way our site works
Our cookies do not keep personally identifiable information. None of the data we get from cookies will contain information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email, or any other means.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event of a sale of a business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Vango, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share your password with anyone.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict security protocols are used to prevent unauthorised access to any information provided.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.