- » Vango AirBeam Tents
- » Family Tents - Poled
- » Tent Additions
- » Trekking Tents
- » Adventure Tents
- » Activity
- » Duke of Edinburgh Recommended
- » Scouts Recommended
- » Tent & Awning Spares
- » F10 Tents
- » Driveaway Awnings
- » Caravan Awnings
- » Sleeping Bags
- » Rucksacks
- » Furniture
- » Trangia
- » Footwear
- » Wayfayrer
- » Outdoor Essentials
Inflatable Drive-Away Air Awnings - Vango AirAway®
Motorhome and Campervan air awnings with Vango AirBeam technology.
Following the success of Vango AirBeam® tents, it quickly became obvious that the technology had benefits that others would love too. So in 2013 we launched our air awnings. We developed the Vango AirAway® inflatable drive-away awnings for use with campervans and motorhomes.
New for 2017
The Cruz is brand new for 2017, featuring our market leading Sentinel Pro 420 fabric and pre-angled Vango SuperBeams™ for increased headroom and enhanced internal space. A half and half door allows for great versatility, either providing more privacy and shelter or ventilation to help air circulate through the awning, whilst the overhang provides a sheltered front extension for muddy equipment or additional living space. The Cruz is a great addition to your vehicle, creating a versatile and comfortable conservatory for relaxing, whatever the weather.
View The Vango Airaway Collection
AirAway® Tried & Tested Technology
Vango AirBeams® are pre-attached beams encased in a highly robust, double-skinned sleeve system that create a stable structure when inflated to provide excellent weather resistance. Recognising the universal need to save time and effort without compromising on performance, Vango designers have applied their extensive knowledge and experience of this AirBeam® technology to develop superior awnings for caravans.
AirAway® Set up
- Kador strip: The most common attachment is the 6mm kador strip that is pre-attached to all Vango DriveAway awnings. This connection requires a rail/awning channel to be fitted to the side of your van, this provides the best seal on the top of your van to your awning. This is most commonly used in conjunction with a drive-away kit.
- Pole and Clamp attachment: A pole & clamp system can be bought separately and is used with a deep gutter on the vehicle. Slide the pole into the sleeve, at the top of the rear section of the AirAway®. Place the pole and fabric into the gutter of the vehicle, and use the clamp to secure at both ends and in the centre.
- Hook and loop tabs: If you have roof bars on your vehicle, you can attach the awning to your vehicle through the hook and loop tabs that are pre-sewn in to the top of your DriveAway awning.
- Webbing straps: If you don’t already have an attachment point on your vehicle, don’t panic, as webbing straps can be used! The webbing straps are supplied with the awning and can be clipped onto the buckles on the rear of the AirAway® roof. The straps can then be passed over the roof of the vehicle and pegged into the ground. It is also important to adjust the straps to fully tension the roof of the awning.
All Vango AirAways® are supplied with:
- Roof bar attachment tabs
- Over vehicle webbing straps
- Pre-attached kador strip
- 'Wide-Mouth' carry bag with compression straps
- Steel rock pegs
- Double-action pump
- Two-year warranty
- Quoted product weight, includes above items
We have a host of additions to go with our drive away awnings - Including Bedroom, Carpet, Footprint, Storm Straps and King Poles.
Resources and Further Information
Visit the Vango AirBeam® support page here